- Published: February 21, 2017
- Written by Danielle Pacifico-Cogan
Early Childhood Legislative Priorities
A coalition of early childhood advocates, including Children’s Institute, has identified early childhood programs and services that should be funded if the legislature can raise additional revenue. The priorities include investments in high-quality preschool (Oregon Head Start Pre-Kindergarten and Preschool Promise), early intervention services for children with diagnosed developmental delays and disabilities (EI/ECSE), voluntary home visiting services, and more. Read our 2017 Legislative Priorities fact sheet for a complete list of early childhood legislative priorities.
Upcoming Opportunities for Action
- Friday, February 24, 5:00 PM, Southern Oregon University, Stevenson Union - Rogue River Room, 1250 Siskiyou Blvd., Ashland
- Saturday, February 25, 1:00 PM, Lane Community College, Forum (Building 17), Rooms 308-309, 4000 E 30th Ave., Eugene
- Friday, March 3, 6:00 PM, Port of Tillamook Bay, Officers Mess Hall, 6825 Officers Row, Tillamook
Learn more. The House Committee on Early Childhood and Family Supports is conducting informational hearings about all early childhood programs and services in Oregon. Click the above link to see agendas and meeting information, including video feeds for watching hearings live.